Announcements‎ > ‎

PLT acquires Hall Fields

posted Sep 9, 2021, 3:56 PM by Rick Gardner PLT   [ updated Sep 9, 2021, 4:00 PM ]

Princeton Land Trust has received a generous donation from Judy and Chris Bice of the property known as Hall Fields. The 12 acres of open fields are located on the left side of Route 62 (Gregory Hill Road) when heading up the hill to Princeton Center. The property encompasses a small fire pond on the northeast side and a stream running through the center of the fields. “PLT is pleased to publicly thank the Bices for this generous gift. Judy and Chris wanted these fields to be managed and enjoyed by Town residents – their gift makes this a reality”, said Tom Sullivan, President of PLT.

Judy and Chris stated that “We are pleased to donate the Hall Fields to the people of Princeton. Although we have not been permanent residents since 1970, we have deep roots here. Princeton Center School 1950-1958, Wachusett Regional High School 1958-1962, and marriage in the Congregational Church 1967. We still own property east of the fields and visit annually. We know that the Land Trust and the good people of Princeton will maintain and improve the beauty of the fields; one of the gateways of our town”.

Judy remembers when her father was approached by trustees of the Land Trust decades ago about the possibility of conserving the fields. At the time he wasn’t quite sure if he was ready to do that, but she knows that he would be very pleased that the land is being conserved now. PLT plans to mow the fields to keep them open and has plans to add a trail along the east side of the property to connect from the road to other PLT properties leading out to a beaver pond. 

Preservation of these fields and maintaining the views heading into town, have long been goals for the Land Trust. PLT owns several properties in this area, most of which are connected by trails and open to the public.  

For information about PLT, visit  www.princetonlandtrust.us.

The Princeton Land Trust was founded in 1990 and since then, has acquired over 380 acres of land around town, many thanks to outright generous donations.  The Princeton Land Trust has also partnered with the town and other conservation groups to raise funds and secure state grants to protect land for conservation, recreation and agriculture including Fieldstone Farm along Rt 62 west, Four Corners Conservation Area, and Krashes Field.




Comments